Keeping You Safe From Faulty Appliances
Commercial and Residential test & tag
Test and Tag is one of the primary functions that an employer needs to get done in order to ensure the safety of all employees and property. In the case of homes, test and tag in Melbourne will help to ensure that all your appliances are safe to use by all your loved ones. The failure to perform test and tag is a serious offense as prescribed in the Occupational Health and Safety Act in the case of commercial properties and strongly enforced by the state government in the case of housing properties.
When do you know it’s time for testing and tagging?
The frequency of availing test and tag services depends on the use of the appliances, equipment and other machinery. The intensity of use and the exposure of such machinery or appliances to moisture, air, excessive sunlight, corrosive substances and general damage or wear and tear also determine the frequency of test and tag required.
Due to the highly experienced and skilled electricians on our team, we are in a position to implement repairs on site while undertaking test and tag processes for commercial and residential arrangements.
How does the process work?
- The process starts with a general visual inspection of all the cords, equipment and machinery for any kind of wear and tear, physical damage, modifications and so on. This process focuses on observing any torn wires which reveal the inner conductors or the physical damage to the outer casing of equipment and appliances.
- After this we move on to check on the Earth continuity. This helps us to confirm that your circuit breaker will trip in the event of a overload, avoiding any shocks to your employees or loved ones.
- We check for polarity of the wires to ensure that they are in the right order
- We check for any leakage of current when it comes to metal appliances as they are really good conductors of electricity and shock individuals instantly
- Safety switch check
- Certification of all appliances and labelling for future reference