It Always Pays Off To Be Safe
Safety inspection & Safety switches
Just like you maintain the outer sections of your home. It is even more significant to check on those things that are not visible to you on a regular basis. By this we are referring to the electrical wiring, switchboards and earthing of your home. It is no hidden fact that circuit overloads and faulty wiring is a leading cause of domestic fires. While offices have to undergo health safety regulations for their day to day activities, and also undergo inspections of the electrical systems, home safety inspections in Melbourne are not given the importance that it needs.
Home safety inspections are initiatives that are strongly upheld by state governments. Therefore, a home owner can be heavily fined if it comes to their attention that a safety check is overdue. Besides the legalities of the matter, we know that everyone values their own lives and also the lives of their loved ones.
Why undergo a Safety Inspection?
- By doing this safety inspection/check we can help you confirm that the various appliances, equipment and circuits are not overloaded. The check helps to locate any setbacks that might create larger problems in the future.
- Older homes have wiring and circuits that cannot support the newer equipment that we so happily employ in our daily lives. If your house is more than 25 years old, an inspection is urgently required.
- The wiring in your house is out-dated
- If you plan to sell your property, undergoing a safety inspection will ensure goodwill at the time of making any negotiations
What are some common signs of faulty electrics?
- Wiring has become darker coloured
- High temperature fuse boards
- Lack of earthing at power points
- Safety switches get tripped very often
- A surge that causes flickering of lights
Once the inspection has been carried out, a home or office owner should ensure that a new and updated model of safety switch has been installed. A safety switch ensures that no leakage of electricity is gone unnoticed. When the safety switch detects that there is an overloaded use of electricity or a leakage in the circuits, it immediately turns the power off. This simple device can go a long way in ensuring the safety of your loved ones.